Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Quick Update

I haven't actually seen mom today, but have spoken to her a couple of times.

She had her second radiation therapy this morning at 10:30.  This one was even faster than yesterday as they didn't need to re-draw lines on her chest.  To date she is not feeling any particular side effects from the treatments.  For now this is a relief and we continue to hope for the same in the coming days.

She is completely off the antibiotics now and seems to be feeling a bit better. She managed to eat a bit more today, although it is slow progress on this front. No matter, progress is progress and I was thrilled to hear that she got a some more protein into her today.  In addition, her voice sounded really good to me today. 

She's still tiered and weak, but boy does she have a beautiful, radiant, and strong spirit.  That's my mama & I'm super, duper proud of her.

Thanks to everyone for your continued support.  It is coming to us in various ways and it is all extremely appreciated.  I hope you don't all tire of hearing me thank everyone, but I could never thank everyone enough and so I'm sorry to say, but I will likely be a bit of a broken record in that way:)

Ileana

No comments:

Post a Comment